thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The Giver

The Giver - Lois Lowry I somehow made it through 12 years of public school without reading this book. I’ve known about it for a long time but never read it. Honestly up until the last few years I’ve never really had any interest in reading it. I was a bit worried that I might be disappointed that when I finally got around it because I’m very interested in dystopian fiction now. I thought I might build it up too much in my mind and be let down. Thankfully, that didn’t happen!The world building is on the simpler side because it is a short book and it is a children’s book. That doesn’t stop the world from being fairly complex though. I like the way that the story started out as almost a utopia. Everything seems so perfect, you almost start considering what it would be like to live in that situation. Soon enough the cracks start to appear.Read the rest of my review at The Cheap Reader.