thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Charles and Emma: The Darwins' Leap of Faith

Charles and Emma: The Darwins' Leap of Faith - -I’m not a fan of most non-fiction. I’m especially not a fan of children’s/young adult non-fiction. It was always seems like the author talks down to the reader in children’s/ young adult non-fiction.-I hated this book. The entire time it felt like the author was trying way too hard to make this book enjoyable to a younger audience. Her efforts fell flat. I felt like I was 8 years old and the teacher was trying to dumb down things to way below my level while talking to me in a baby voice. Unbelievably annoying.-I felt the flow of the story was really funky. The book spent a lot of time on some time periods and then skipped large chunks of time only to touch on a year of time before moving on again.-All the characters were so cold and I couldn’t connect with anyone. I’m fairly emotional. I cry when most anyone or anything dies in books/movies/etc even if I don’t like the media or characters. Several people died throughout the book and I felt nothing which rarely happens.1/5 If this wasn’t required reading for my class, I wouldn’t have finished the book.