thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The Maze Runner (Maze Runner Series #1)

The Maze Runner - James Dashner I have this rule for myself. If I read about the first third of a book and the book really isn’t grabbing my attention or I don’t like it, I stop reading it. Well, I’m glad I didn’t stick to the rule for this book. I really, really didn’t like the beginning of the book. There’s way too much that’s not known and not explained. Everyone’s anger is high which just causes hatred towards each other. Occasionally being kept in the dark will keep the reader’s interest but in the case of this book, it just pisses me off.I suppose the characters are written fine because I do understand their annoyance and anger but I still don’t understand why no one would sit down and explain what little they do know. That always annoys me with books. Why can’t people show a bit of compassion when everyone’s world is turned upside down and they have already been through that?Read the rest of my review at The Cheap Reader.