thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles)

The Red Pyramid - Rick Riordan Is this just Percy Jackson with Egyptian mythology? No. This is a completely different series with what I think is a different feeling to it.I was really disappointed that I could not get into the book at all. It’s not that the book was bad, I just couldn’t connect with it at all.I think I’ve narrowed my disinterest in the book down to: a) not really being interested in Egyptian mythology and not knowing anything about it; b) not being able to connect to the characters (that might be because this is only the first book in the series and I would connect with them more as I read more of the books); c) the fact that it was 500+ pages.I’ll probably read the next in the series when I have the time but it won’t be high on my must read list.I would recommend this book to anyone who enjoys Riordan’s books and people who enjoy Young Adult books.The book was a fun adventure. It really was. Riordan really knows how to write for his audience. I know many people enjoyed the book I can understand why. Now that the second installment it out, I will likely pick it up at some point. The series without a doubt deserves a second chance. I’m really hoping that my ‘problems’ with it were simply speed bumps of a first book in a series. Can anyone vouch for this? Is the new book any good?Rating2/5 It wasn’t bad but definitely not something I would re-read. I guess Egyptian mythology and me aren’t the best of friends.