thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Divergent (Divergent Series #1)

Divergent (Divergent Series #1) - As much as I enjoy Dystopian fiction, I’m starting to grow a bit weary of it. Despite my weariness Divergent grabbed my attention and refused to let go until it was through with me. This was yet another book that I completely plowed through in about a day.I had mixed feelings about the world building of the book. The reader is thrown into this other world blindly, which does happen in a good number of books. My problem was things were never really explained later on. All that was really said was there were many problems with the world so the solution was to divide into 5 factions. What were the problems? Is the whole country/world like this? Is there even life outside the city? I just had too many questions and not enough answers. Towards the end of the book, more of my questions are answered but not enough. I’ll let it slide for now since is is the first book.Read the rest of my review at The Cheap Reader.