thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1)

Princess of the Midnight Ball (Princess #1) - Jessica Day George I am not familiar at all with the 12 Dancing Princesses story so I can't really comment on how the book stands up as a retelling. As far as the story itself goes, I thought it was an enjoyable book. We got mystery, magic, and charm. The story does take a bit of time to warm up but once you get into it, you can't put the book down.I liked all the princess but had a hard time keeping everyone straight. The author does do a good job of shedding some light on everyone and gives each girl a bit of personality. Like all of Jessica Day George's heroines, the princesses were smart, strong and spunky.The ending got very cutesy but that's totally fine with me. I'm not normally a fan of the super cutesy, sticky sweet endings but I always love JDG's endings. I was grinning the whole time things were wrapping up.The bottom line? I quite liked it. JDG is quickly becoming a favorite author of mine.