thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Liesl & Po

Liesl & Po - Lauren Oliver,  Kei Acedera -Very charming. It's a great example of what an MG book should be. They take the heart and charm of children's books but add some depth to the story.-The story has a bit of a fairy tale like feel to it: evil stepmother, dead father, magic and friendship.-The most of the characters are lovable. Liesl, Po, and William are lovely characters. I just want to give them all a big hug. The guard (I'm totally blanking on his name) is very sweet as well.-I initially thought the story was going to be predictable but was pleasantly surprised with the twists and turns! I loved feeling glued to the book because I needed to know what was going to happen next.-The illustrations are lovely. Definitely try to pick up a physical copy of the book so you can admire the artwork.-I actually look forward to trying Oliver's other books in the future. I tried Delirium and really wasn't impressed with it. Maybe I'm just more of a fan of MG books rather than her YA books?The bottom line? Very sweet and charming!