thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Unwholly (Unwind Trilogy)

UnWholly - Neal Shusterman This was definitely an interesting story. I loved that we got to see more of the outside world as well as learn a bit about the war. The advertisements and PSAs were odd. I still can’t get over the fact that these people are okay with killing kids in order to get their parts. That’s so bizarre. There needs to be more! I’ve said it before but I love learning the history/politics of dystopias. How in the world did we end up here? It doesn’t happen over night so the author really needs to think it out for the story to work.Cam. Wow. I don’t even know where to begin with him. When I first started his section and started figuring out what he was, I was freaked out. Like throw-the-book-across-the-room freaked out. Who wouldn’t be? You should not be able to take scraps of people and make a ‘new’ person. Over time, I got more used to him and may have even started to like him. He didn’t ask for this. He didn’t have a choice in the matter. The fact that he’s willing to help Risa take down the organization definitely redeems him for me. Sure he’s only doing it to make her love him but that’s just a minor detail.It was interesting to see Connor and Lev rise to power. Connor was a huge screw up (so much that his parents wanted him unwound) but now he’s in charge of a whole operation devoted to saving unwinds. Not too shabby. Lev went from wanting to be unwound to now being some kind of cult icon for tithes. I love that he’s a very troubled character. The clapper that didn’t clap. Not to mention it makes the country think about what they’re doing. They’re the ones who made him so screwed up (to an extent).The bottom line? A good sequel!