thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The Never War (Pendragon)

The Never War (Pendragon) - D.J. MacHale Territories are my favorite part of the series. It helps keeps things exciting in each book. This was the coolest book so far. The main territory of the book is First Earth- Earth in 1937. It was a bit exciting to see what the author would do. 1937 has already passed so we along with Bobby have to figure out what Saint Dane’s plan is. How much history do we remember? The author is pushing us to put the pieces together. We can’t really figure out a whole lot on other territories but we know about Earth’s history. It was even more exciting to jump 3000 years into the future so see how things are on Third Earth.My biggest problem with the book is they drag a bit at times. There’s a lot of ‘down time’ when Bobby gets to a new territory because he doesn’t know what’s going on. He has to sit back and watch how things are going before jumping in. The book especially drags in this book because we aren’t learning anything new. Earth isn’t some really out there territory with a whole new way of life that we need to learn. In the grand scale of things it’s pretty similar to now. Everything is smooth sailing when there’s a bunch of action though which makes up for the slowness.The bottom line? Awesome installment!