thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods (Underland Chronicles Series #3)

Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods - Suzanne  Collins I’m enjoying the Underland Chronicles. I really am. It has many of the elements I enjoy in stories: prophecies, siblings in it together, another world, and quests. I’m just not loving it. The Curse of the Warmbloods was enjoyable…or at least as enjoyable as a story can be when so many lives hand in the balance.The story picks up months after The Curse of the Bane. Things are looking very grim. Things only get worse when characters we know pick up the plague. Maybe it was because it’s been a couple months since I read the previous book but I wasn’t overly caught up in the horror of the situation. Sure, I was a bit upset when I learned what happened when you got the plague (it’s really gnarly) but I wasn’t too fearful for people’s lives. It’s probably because I don’t really remember much about the person other than they are “good”. Then we have new characters introduced only to have them taken away quickly enough. I’m just finding it really hard to connect and care about the characters.The story was fun enough. It’s another quest with a prophecy that isn’t fully understood until the end. We learn a bit more about the Underland world and the history. I wish we could learn more about it though. I love learning more about the world. There hasn’t been enough info in any of the books for me. I hope we learn more in future books.The bottom line? Another solid installment of the adventures of Boots [oh yeah and Gregor! ;) ]