thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Ashes, Ashes

Ashes, Ashes - Jo Treggiari, Cassandra Campbell This book had a lot of potential but I didn’t think it lived up to it. To be fair, I’ve read a lot of dystopian books this year and many of them were really good. Because of that, this book had massive shoes to fill. The book isn’t exactly bad but it wasn’t great either. That’s partially why it took me forever to listen to.The characters were bland. I couldn’t relate to Lucy at all. I felt she was cold and detached. There was nothing to really make me like her. She walked the line of being independent and wanting to be around people really awkwardly. She was able to survive completely by herself for a year in Central Park (good for her. I don’t think I could do that) but when offered the chance to move somewhere to live with a group of other survivors she just scoffs at the idea. She was terrified to live with a group of kids and old people. I don’t know it just seemed to me like she was doing the opposite of what I would do most of the time. Maybe that’s why she didn’t sit well with me?Read the rest of my review at The Cheap Reader.