thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The False Princess

The False Princess - Eilis O'Neal Princesses! Wizards! Prophecies! Best friends! Secrets! Magic! Lies! In theory, this book had most everything I look for in a fun fantasy book so obviously I was excited to read the book. While reading I found the book to be a bit on the blah side. It took me quite a while to really get into the story.Let me see if I can explain it… The story itself was really fascinating. Living your entire life as one person only to find out it’s a lie then readjusting to your new life is a good story. Then the author takes it even deeper than that which is an even better story. I guess it was the execution of the story that fell a bit flat. I wanted to know more about the story but wasn’t interested in reading for more than a few chapters at a time.The author really hit her stride at the end of the story. For the last ~100 or so pages I was finally engrossed in the story. The end definitely saved the book for me. There is a bit of romance sprinkled in the story but it’s done perfectly. Just enough to make it sweet but not enough to turn people off.Rating 3/5It’s worth reading if you like princesses, action, and mystery!