thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Feed

Feed - M.T. Anderson I’ve wanted to read this for the longest time but never got around to it. I’m so glad I finally read it.Feed takes place in the future. In the future, everyone has feeds planted in their brains. Feeds are computer chips that allow information, advertisements, and chatting to be in your mind all the time. At first, it seems like an interesting idea but quickly the reader finds out it’s not good at all.I’m not a huge fan of social commentaries but the book does it well. The book is a definite commentary on our materialism and the ‘dumbing’ down of our culture. BUT it’s also a really fun, interesting science fiction book! The two are hard to find.Fair warning, the slang of the book is really bizarre but keep reading! You might not fully understand what they’re saying but you’ll get the general idea quick enough.I really wish the author gave more insight to what their world was like. He only give snippets of info like they go to the Moon on Spring Break, Link is Abe Lincoln’s clone, and meat grows on bushes? I need to know more!!The advertising that the characters see is so bizarre and over the top. You know the ads you see online are catered to your interests because of your cookies? Well, imagine that times a million because the characters ads are designed because the advertisers know everything about people. Where they’ve been, what they’ve looked at, etc.Rating4/5 I highly recommend this book especially if you like Science Fiction.