thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The Knife of Never Letting Go: bk. 1 (Chaos Walking)

The Knife of Never Letting Go - Patrick Ness I can’t tell you how good this book is. I’m going to do my best to keep this review as spoiler free as possible but that’s going to be super hard because of how spoiler-y the book is is.Want a book full of not-stop, make the reader tired action? Well this book is what you’re looking for. From about the 3rd chapter or so, the book takes off literally running and doesn’t stop. I’m serious about the ‘make the reader tired’ part! There’s SO much action. It’s amazing.The animals in the book offer comic relief. Todd can hear their thoughts too. Everyone has imagined what animals would say if they could talk. Well turns out it’s not much really. My favorite are the sheep who just say “sheep. sheep.” (I imagine them bleating the word sheep.)Don’t read this book if you hate cliffhangers. Every single chapter the author leaves you dropping your jaw. I didn’t know it was possible to get so mad and want to keep reading all at once. There were many times I had the urge to yell at my Kindle because of what was happening.The only thing that bugged me about the book was the style. Todd isn’t really educated. You can tell that by the way he speaks. The author carries this through the whole book. Basically the book is written as Todd would speak or write it complete with bad grammar and spelling. It does set the tone of the book but it still annoys me when authors do that.Rating 4.5/5I need to get my hands on the sequel! You need to read this book ASAP.