thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The Tenth Circle

The Tenth Circle - Jodi Picoult Normally I’m a big fan of her books. One summer I read like 7 of her books more or less back to back (that was a lot of reading for me at the time). I’m thinking I’ve ‘outgrown’ her books. The book is the style of hers that I enjoy. Her writing style makes me want to read her books nonstop until I’ve finished it. This book was no exception. I read most of it in about 8 hours.The story unfortunately fell completely and totally flat. Everything about the story rubbed me the wrong way. I was ready to throw the book into the wall just reading the first chapter. Not to mention it’s just a rehashing of her other books (I never really noticed the similarities between all of her stories before). I despised everyone in the book. Shouldn’t you at least be able to like one character in a story? Everything was just so far out there and didn’t seem realistic at all. It was just not good.There were some graphic novel bits between each of the chapters which was kind of cool.Rating 1.5/5Can’t say that I would really recommend this book to anyone. I guess if you’re a fan of hers, you might like to read it. I would never recommend this to someone who is wanting to get into her books.