thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The Adoration of Jenna Fox

The Adoration of Jenna Fox - Mary E. Pearson This was not what I was expecting. I was expecting more of a contemporary fiction story like [b:Notes to Self|13090141|Notes to Self|Avery Sawyer|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1327192436s/13090141.jpg|18261826] where the main character is trying to move on after an accident. Imagine my surprise when the sci-fi elements popped into the story!The story was interesting because of the topic. Who wouldn’t want to save a loved one from death? I think we all wish we had that power. Well in this world, the medical technology exists so Jenna’s parents were able to pull her away from the brink of death. The compromise was she ended up being more technology than she was Jenna. It was a good story to make you think. Is it worth saving someone if 90% of them is artificial? Does that still make a person him or herself? Should we do things like this just because we have the technology? What would you do in this circumstance?Writing was a bit disjointed. I understood what the author was going for. Jenna is still trying to piece together her memories. Her memories are a bit disjointed so naturally her narration should be disjointed. It just makes for awkward reading though.While the story idea was interesting, I found everything else to be pretty blah. The characters were just okay. I didn’t love them but I didn’t hate them either. The story wasn’t out of this world but it wasn’t terrible either. It’s just one of those books that didn’t really leave an impression one way or the other.The bottom line? It was okay.