thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The horse and his boy BOOK 3 (BOOK 3 Chronicles of Narnia),BOOK 3. (The Horse and His Boy, Book 3)

The Horse and His Boy - C.S. Lewis 2.5/5I’m finding The Chronicles of Narnia a bit difficult to totally get into. Series are always a bit funky when you deal with different characters for each book. The Horse and His Boy is no different. Of the 3 Narnia books I’ve read so far, this is the one that’s the most out there. It’s partly because the book doesn’t actually take place in Narnia and it has a different vibe to it. It doesn’t have the same charm and loveliness that The Magician’s Nephew and The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe have which is a shame.I did think it was an interesting turn to have the book not take place in Narnia. I was under the impression that Narnia was the only place in this ‘other world’ but to find out that it’s not was really cool. Unfortunately that opens a whole mess of other questions from me because I want to know everything. None of those questions were answered though.I’m hesitate to judge the book too harshly until I see everything come together. Maybe part of the problem is the order I’m reading the series in? I have faith in Lewis though.The bottom line? Eh, not my favorite of the Narnia books so far.