thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The Graveyard Book

The Graveyard Book - When I first heard about this book and read the summary I was really interested in getting my hands on the book. Then I discovered this on the list of books I could read for my independent study class! I put the book on hold right then.I had a hard time getting into the book for some reason. I really wanted to like the book but really couldn't. The premise was awesome but to me the story just fell flat. I kept pushing through the first half of the book thinking the story would get more exciting. Thankfully, the book did get more exciting towards the end.I realize most of the characters are ghosts but that doesn't mean they have to be bland. None of the characters were exciting or drew me in. They didn't even seem like fully developed characters.The little stories about Bod growing up didn't add much to the story or his character. They only made the boring part of the book longer. The last half of the book saved me from completely hating the book.2/5 I'd recommend it if you're really into younger aged fantasy and/or horror stories.