thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

The Tales of Beedle the Bard (Harry Potter Series)

The Tales of Beedle the Bard - J.K. Rowling 3.5/5!-This is definitely my favorite of the 3 companion books to the Harry Potter series.-The creativity of Rowling astounds me. First of all she was able to create the world of Harry Potter, then she was able to write fairy tales from that world, and on top of all that she’s able to write commentary and give history to the fairy tales?! That is seriously impressive.-I read this years ago when it first came out. I think I must have only read the fairy tales and skipped the commentary because the comments weren’t familiar to me at all. Big mistake! The commentary was actually really interesting. I’ve become more interested in literature over the years so I always find it fun to look over commentary of my favorite books. It’s great to see other people’s perspectives!-The stories were entertaining but definitely a bit short (much like “real” fairy tales).-My favorite story is “The Tale of the Three Brothers.”The bottom line? It’s a good companion book. Great for fairy tale fans!