thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Cousins Forever (Snowy Cove, #2)

Cousins Forever (Snowy Cove, #2) - Dalya Moon I love the layering to Moon's stories. There's a lot going on but it's never overwhelming. It feels very true to life. She managed to nail that awkwardness of high school. I almost felt like I was back in high school. I got the lump in my throat from stopping myself from crying many times. I knew how Lainey and Tick felt about trying to fit in but it not really working.I love her characters in this book. They feel so real. You love them. You hate them. You get so annoyed you want to scream at them. It's really refreshing to have fully developed characters from a fairly short book. All of the characters seem really natural as well. It's undoubtedly hard to truly capture a younger character's voice when you haven't been that young in quite a while but Moon managed to do it.The book is extremely readable. It just drew me in. You just want more! I picked it up to have something to read on and ended up finishing it in an afternoon because I couldn't leave the book alone.The bottom line? A fun read!*I won a copy of the book in a giveaway from the author.