thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Charlie (Snowy Cove, #1)

Charlie - Dalya Moon 4.5/5Charlie was a hilarious book. Yes, she’s dealing with situations that really shouldn’t be funny but you can’t help but laugh (since it’s not happening to you). Those are always the funniest books. It reminded me a lot of Freshman Year and Other Unnatural Disasters.I like her spunk. I guess I’ve taken some things like being able to take shop if I want to for granted so it’s really weird to see Charlie have to fight to take it. Good for her though. Charlie can be a bit over-dramatic and bratty but I’m pretty sure that goes with the age. Her moods were pretty realistic.It’s a pretty short book but there’s quite a bit crammed in: Charlie’s family problem, Stacy’s problems, and Woodshop. That made the book very easy reading. You didn’t want to put the book down! There’s no good place to stop.Moon is way too good at writing crappy friends. Stacy drove me crazy. It really brings back memories of middle and high school. Yes, girls can be that awful.The bottom line? Charlie is a very funny and enjoyable read.