thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Priscilla the Great The Kiss of Life: 2

Priscilla the Great: The Kiss of Life - Sybil Nelson I’ve said it before but these books are an amazing mix of contemporary fiction with fantastical elements. Neither one feels weird or out of place. It’s really the best of both worlds. I need more books like this in my life.The Kiss of Life‘s story was soo addicting. It’s a good amount of action and suspense. You can’t put the book down! There were a good amount of twists and turns. It was great that I didn’t see them coming.I’m glad that this book didn’t have the weird problem from book one. Book one was a bit weird because it felt like two pretty complete books smooshed together. The Kiss of Life had a great flow and felt like a cohesive book.I really enjoy Middle Grade books but many of them are written for a really juvenile reader. I understand that is the target audience but that doesn’t mean the author can’t write a story good for everyone. Nelson nails it perfectly. Priscilla is youthful without being overly juvenile. Great for all ages.The bottom line? Highly recommended. I liked the first book but this was even better!