thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Wool (Wool, #1)

Wool - Hugh Howey The internet has been buzzing about this book for a while now. I've heard it's really good and the movie rights have just been bought. To me that sets the bar pretty high so I was excited to give the adult dystopian novella a try.It is a novella so the story is pretty short and moves quickly. The world building was pretty good. It felt a bit sneaky. Only tiny pieces of the world are revealed so you have to use your imagination to fill in the rest. Normally when things aren't fully explained I get incredibly annoyed. I wasn't annoyed too much in this book. I think mainly because Holston doesn't know some of the stuff either. We're both trying to figure things out. I didn't feel like he was holding out too much on me.I enjoyed the story. It was interesting and engaging. I loved the writing style. As of right now, I wasn't totally and completely wowed by the story. I think I need to read the whole series before determining how much I liked it. I'm definitely glad I opted to buy the Wool Omnibus Edition so I have all 5 books on hand to read.I do have to say the ending did annoy me. Mainly because it didn't feel like an ending. It just feels like the ending of a chapter. Once again, YAY I have the next installment.The bottom line? I liked it.