thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Kristy's Great Idea (The Baby-Sitters Club Series #1)

Kristy's Great Idea  - Ann M. Martin Oh Baby-Sitters Club, I’ve missed you. You would think that a book about tweens babysitting could get boring after a while but it surprisingly doesn’t. The book focuses on the craziness of babysitting and the personal drama of the narrator.Stacy’s brattiness was a bit annoying. On one hand, I do understand her. I’m aware that divorce sucks and having your mom date someone is not fun. I also get her frustrations with her friends. It’s never fun to not feel close to your best friend and feel like someone is trying to squeeze in. On the other hand as a adult I just want to tell her to grow up. Those problems really aren’t that bad.I got to say a babysitters club really is a good idea. I’m not just saying that because I may have attempted to form my own babysitters club and failed miserably. It’s got to be fantastic for parents to make only 1 call and find a babysitter rather than call everyone they know.The bottom line? I enjoyed the book as much as I did the first time I read it many years ago. I kind of want to read more BSC books now.