thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Run (The Hunted, #1)

Run (The Hunted, #1) - Patti Larsen When browsing through Kindle freebies, I came across this book. I read the summary and downloaded the book without a second thought.The book is full of non-stop action. In some cases, that’s a good thing but I found it to be a bit problematic for this book. It’s literally all “Run. Run. Run. Run. Run.” It moves the story along and keeps the reader hooked but there’s nothing to “sink you teeth into.” There’s no meat to the story. Nothing is solved, nothing is explained. That stuff pisses me off as a reader. It really feels like the story is just the opening chapter to the series. I didn’t like that. You need to have something rewarding in the book to get me invested in continuing with the story.Because the story is moving full speed, the character development falls really short. I don’t like anyone. No one feels real. They kind of feel like stock characters in a generic action movie. I don’t care enough about anyone to want to continue with the series.The bottom line? It’s fine if you want something action-y but other than that the book was fairly average.