thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

Human.4

Human.4 - Mike A. Lancaster If you had told me several years ago that one day I would be a science fiction fan, I would have laughed in your face. Back then my only experience with science fiction were SyFy movies like Ice Spiders and Pterodactyl so of course I wasn't a fan of science fiction. Several years ago, I discovered Fringe and have been a fan of science fiction since then.The summary of the book was very enticing and I was hooked by the 3rd chapter. The story was fantastic. While reading I kept comparing the story to an episode of the Twilight Zone or Fringe because it honestly seems like the story was ripped from the screen. The length was perfect. It was short and to the point and didn't get too long and drift.The narration style was fun. There were some times when Kyle talking and Kyle telling the story were a little fuzzy. I'm still not sure how I feel about the "notes" and "Editor's notes" sprinkled through the book. On one hand, they were funny because they were written by scholars years in the future examining the tapes and explaining things to the people of the day. On the other hand, there were some points there were too frequent and too long so I skimmed over the long ones.Rating 5/5If you're a science fiction fan, pick this up right now.