thecheapreader

The Cheap Reader

It's Kind of a Funny Story

It's Kind of a Funny Story - -I liked the change of pace as far as “problems” go. Craig is an overachiever but he’s not nerdy. It’s hard to find that in books anymore.-I loved that Craig took charge and checked himself in. Too many people don’t ever get the help they really need.-Never having been around psych patients, I thought the author did a very good job of writing about and depicting psych problems.-The author did a great job of getting the reader into Craig’s head with all the pressure. I almost felt like having a panic attack with everything he had to deal with.-I didn’t know it until after I read the book but the author was in a psych hospital for a while. After getting out, he wrote this book in about a month. Knowing the author has experienced some of the problems adds to his credibility.Rating 3/5 The book didn’t rock my world but it was a good read.Side note: Is the movie any good? I’m really curious to hear from people who have read the book and seen the movie.